After months of word vomming my thoughts and ideas via IG stories, it’s finally time to begin our living room and entry project, which will be completed in a few phases. I approached this project “kickoff” a little differently than others and decided to compile the plans, ideas, and concepts into a presentation-like format, similar to how a designer would present to a client. I did this for two reasons:
- I had a ton of ideas floating around in my head and felt the need to organize them in one place.
- To run my ideas by (sell them to) Angelo. He isn’t usually involved in the initial planning of a project, and creating this presentation was helpful for him to visualize what I had been thinking and also prepare for the shit show that he will eventually be sucked into
I shared these slides a few weeks ago via IG, but have since made some minor tweaks for this post. I’ll be sharing progress via my stories and blog throughout this multi-phase project.
IMMEDIATE next steps:
- Demo existing molding in living room and dining room to prepare for cased opening (in progress – see “Molding Removal” IG story highlight)
- Skim coat walls where molding was removed
- Move thermostat and outlet where cased opening will be. Install new Nest thermostat
- Get materials for cased opening, wainscoting and molding
- Begin building cased opening by early January
- Gather quotes for gas fireplace installation and quotes for ventless fireplaces
If you’ve been around here for a while, you know how many headaches the living/entry/dining has caused me because of the Narnia wall. So I’m really excited to work on this and share updates with you via my stories and here on my blog.
Hope you have a very happy new year!!