Humor me for a moment. Imagine being just over 2 months away from giving birth with a mile long list of shit that needs to happen before said baby arrives, and deciding to jump into a One Room Challenge that’s already begun.
The last time I did an ORC was for our bathroom in Spring of 2020 as a featured designer, right at the beginning of Covid. This will be my fifth! Prior to 2020 I had participated in the Fall 2019, Spring 2019 and Fall 2018 ORC, so it’s safe to safe I’m an ORC veteran. I just took some time off to you know, rest.
This time around, I decided to use the deadline of the ORC and ehm, the birth of our firstborn to push myself to turn my old office…
Into bambino Bovino’s nursery:
Here’s what I’ve already completed and here’s what I have left to do over the next few weeks:
- Ordered drapes & hardware from Calico
- Found a glider on FB MP and dropped off at Calico to reupholster in performance fabric
- Bought a rug
- Found a dream bamboo dresser
- Got another dresser for the opposite side of the room (because you can’t have too much storage)
- Bought a new light fixture
- Ordered Radish pillow and fabric through Stuck On Hue
- Demo doors
- Choose a paint color & paint ceiling, walls, trim and doors
- Install new doors (hired out)
- Remove old, janky closet system
- Install wallpaper in closet
- Install new closet system
- Install new door handles
- Order crib & bedding
- Order lamp for dresser
- *Attempt* DIY pleated lamp shade
- Remove old light & medallion and install new light & medallion
- Install curtains & hardware
- Figure out accent lighting
- Style & photograph
- Give birth
Compared to previous makeovers, I really don’t have too much on my list, but I miss having a deadline to work towards and the thrill of an ORC to light a fire under my ass to finish before the baby comes. The deadline of the ORC also helps me to push myself creatively.
I mean – whether it’s my due date or the ORC finale – I have a deadline no matter which way I cut it.
See you next week!
For all nursery updates and the evolution of the concept, check out my “NURSERY” highlights on Instagram