WEEK 1 & 2 // WEEK 3
We accomplished quite a bit this week. Angelo removed my favorite chandelier while I watched and wept
Constantina admired herself
ON A FURIOUS WHIM I chose a ceiling paint color – Farrow and Ball Light Blue. I thought it would be cool to have a light blue ceiling with dark green walls, but it ended up being a bit darker than I thought.
I first painted the new medallion. There are a lot of challenging things I’ve done in my life, but none quite as challenging as trying to paint the nooks and crannies of a medallion once it’s already on the ceiling. So I *had* to paint it before it went up
After painting the medallion, ceiling, and installing the new Rejuvenation flush mount:
I love the idea of this shade of blue with dark green walls, but we’ll need to paint another coat and I’m thinking I’ll tint it with some BM White Dove to lighten it up a bit. I don’t want there to be too much contrast between the walls and ceiling.
Angelo also removed the crusty old closet system and sanded the drywall so that it was good n’ smooth for installing WALLPAPER!
- Ordered drapes & hardware from Calico
- Found a glider on FB MP and dropped off at Calico to reupholster in performance fabric
- Bought a vintage rug and sisal rug to layer underneath
- Found a dream bamboo dresser
- Got another dresser for the opposite side of the room (because you can’t have too much storage)
- Bought a new light fixture
- Ordered Radish pillow and fabric through Stuck On Hue
- Demo doors
- Install new doors
- Choose ceiling paint color & paint ceiling
- Remove old, janky closet system & sand walls
- Remove old light & medallion and install new light & medallion
- Choose wall color and spray walls, trim and doors
- Install wallpaper in closet
- Install new closet system
- Install Emtek door knobs
- Order crib & bedding
- Order lamp for dresser
- *Attempt* DIY pleated lamp shade
- Install curtains & hardware
- Figure out accent lighting
- Style & photograph
- Give birth
Where did you purchase the medallion? Thoughts on cheap vs expensive?
Would love a link to the medallion too!
Nicole Q-Schmitz says
This is going to sound like the weirdest comment ever… But I had a vision once of mossy green beadboard walls with crown and a light blue ceiling. I couldn’t find any photos of that combo when I searched online afterwards… (and I wasn’t going to do it myself for years at least, ha). But I am happy to see that it’s actually happening somewhere else and I can see it in “real” life (aka not in my head).
I know it will look good! (No matter if you tint it lighter or not ;p)
Hahaha!! Omg that is crazy!!! I hope my final design looks as good as your dreams LOL