When we found out that we were having a boy, I immediately knew I wanted the nursery to be a shade of green. But the challenge was to choose a shade of green I’d never used before. I’ve used mint green, green-gray, dark green, olive green…
But not a grassy green.
This photo by Collins interiors has been my #1 inspiration photo for the nursery paint color for the last few months:
The room is a lacquered/high gloss which I won’t be doing, so the nursery definitely won’t look as good as this, but I just can’t get over that shade of green. It’s absolutely perfect!
So I’m going to be painting the nursery Benjamin Moore Parsley Snips (otherwise known as Lehigh Green)
It’s a bold grassy green with a hint of blue, and the LRV is around 30 which is exactly what I was looking for. I knew I didn’t want to do a bright and airy nursery – I want to create a space that is relaxing and cozy. I feel like this color is going to look really good with the light blue ceiling!
So this weekend I’m going to complete the daunting task of prepping the nursery so Angelo can spray paint with our Graco TC Cordless pro sprayer (which I highly recommend – used it in our bedroom and the walls have never looked smoother).
WHAT I SOURCED THIS WEEK:
Drove to New Canaan to purchase this VC lamp (DIY pleated shade tutorial to come):
These VC brass swing arm sconces:
Ordered Stroheim Edie for pleated sconce shades:
This original yellow rose lithograph from Etsy
I think it would be a lovely print to pair with this bunny print from Saatchi art:
I also ordered this bunny print from the same artist:
Next week I’ll hopefully have a sneak peek of the new paint color – I can’t wait!!
- Ordered drapes & hardware from Calico
- Found a glider on FB MP and dropped off at Calico to reupholster in performance fabric
- Bought a vintage rug and sisal rug to layer underneath
- Found a dream bamboo dresser
- Got another dresser for the opposite side of the room (because you can’t have too much storage)
- Bought a new light fixture
- Ordered Radish pillow and fabric through Stuck On Hue
- Demo doors
- Install new doors
- Choose ceiling paint color & paint ceiling
- Remove old, janky closet system & sand walls
- Remove old light & medallion and install new light & medallion
- Order crib & bedding
- Order lamp for dresser
- Paint walls, trim and doors
- Install wallpaper in closet
- Install new closet system
- Install Emtek door knobs
- *Attempt* DIY pleated lamp shade
- Install curtains & hardware
- Style & photograph
- Give birth